CocoEarth is Australia’s ONLY Liquid Coconut Premium Oil (LCPO) – an all-natural innovative expeller pressed cooking oil that is free from cholesterol, chemicals, preservatives and additives. Packing a nutritional punch, it is versatile in the kitchen and is the perfect choice for sautéing, frying, baking, salad dressing and grilling.
COCOEARTH BANANA WALNUT MUFFINS
TIME: 40 minutes
INGREDIENTS: COCOEARTH BANANA WALNUT MUFFINS
2 cups of self-raising flour (260g)
1/2 cup CocoEarth Liquid Coconut
Premium Oil (125 ml)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (60g)
1/2 cup granulated sugar (100g)
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed (55g)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of mashed banana (270g)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Combine flour, salt, cinnamon and walnuts in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk CocoEarth’s Liquid Coconut Premium Oil and eggs until
thick. Add brown and white sugar, vanilla extract and banana to egg mixture, whisk
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and fold until just combined. Scoop into lined tins and
bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes
5. Remove from tin and cool completely on a rack.
TIP: Walnuts can be replaced with an equal quantity of other nuts or seeds.
WHY LIQUID COCONUT PREMIUM OIL?
CocoEarth LCPO has a mild coconut flavour that does not overwhelm your tastebuds
COCOEARTH ROAST VEGETABLE & HALOUMI SALAD
TIME: 35 minutes
SERVES: 4-6 INGREDIENTS:
1/4 kent pumpkin (800g)
1 bunch baby beetroot
1 bunch broccolini
1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots
1 red onion
1/3 cup CocoEarth Liquid Coconut Premium Oil
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves
Salt & pepper
1 packet haloumi
4 cups rocket leaves
2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
2. Slice pumpkin into thin wedges.Trim tops off the beetroot and carrots,then peel carrots and quarter beetroot. Peel onion and cut into wedges.
3. Combine orange juice,CocoEarth Liquid Coconut Premium Oil and rosemary leaves in a small jar. Shake to mix well.
4. Drizzle half the oil mixture over veggies,toss to combine and season with salt and pepper. Place pumpkin, beetroot, carrots and onion on the prepared baking trays and roast for 15 minutes. Turn vegetables, add broccolini to trays and roast a further 10-15 minutes until golden and tender.
5. While vegetables are roasting,thickly slice haloumi and brush with a bit of the oil mixture. Cook in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until haloumi is golden on both sides.
6. Serve vegetables over rocket,topped with warm haloumi and pine nuts. Drizzle with remaining CocoEarth orange juice dressing for extra taste.
TIPS: Haloumi can be replaced (or enjoyed) with chicken, steak or tofu.
COCOEARTH GREEN HERB PESTO
TIME: 30 minutes
2 cups basil leaves
2 cups parsley leaves and stems
1 cup coriander leaves and stems
1/2 cup mint leaves
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/3 cup CocoEarth Liquid Coconut
Premium Oil (80 ml), plus 2 teaspoons (10
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus
extra to serve
1 – 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
400 g linguini
400 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pulse herbs and garlic in a food processor or blender until finely chopped. With processor running slowly add CocoEarth oil. Add Parmesan and pulse to combine. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Toss drained pasta with pesto.
- Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle remaining oil into pan,add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes until tomatoes soften. Reduce heat to low, add reserved pasta water and simmer a further 3 minutes.
4. Top pesto pasta with tomatoes and sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese to serve.
WHY LIQUID COCONUT PREMIUM OIL?
CocoEarth’s unique composition stays liquid and contains 1.5 times more healthy MCTs than regular Virgin Coconut Oil.
Happy Cooking with CocoEarth…
by Arrnott Olssen
Editor Rogue Homme