Who knew that the state of your abode could so drastically effect your chances in love, well ECOVACS ROBOTICS, one of the world’s leading home robotics innovators, has released its latest market research findings, revealing a fascinating insight into the average Australian’s attitude towards robotics, home cleanliness and the impact of ever-busy lifestyles on their time.
The findings come as ECOVACS launches their new range of smart home robotic solutions, comprising a range of robotic vacuum and window cleaners with technological innovations not yet seen in Australia. The research findings, conducted in association with Pure Profile, reveal that 60% of those responders who are dating identified a dirty home as a ‘deal breaker’ in a potential partner.
The survey also reinforced what many have thought for generations, revealing that Australians hate cleaning their homes, but are still stressed if they come home to a dirty home (79%) or live with someone who doesn’t do their fair share. 25% of those aged 30-39 have significant fights about house cleaning with their ‘significant other’ at least 5 times a year.
The dislike for cleaning clearly doesn’t sit purely on the chores themselves, but the time it takes that could be spent elsewhere. 52% of responders would ideally like to spend more time with their families, and 51% of those aged 30-39 wishing they had the time to study more or learn something new. In all, 30% of those surveyed go to bed on a daily basis wishing they had more time in the day, a figure that shoots up to 39% for those aged 30-49.
This strong desire to achieve a work-life balance also means that the majority (64%) of Australians surveyed would be happy to openly embrace robotics that assist with house chores, a figure that increases significantly in 30-39 year olds (74%).
Such attitudes among Australians around time, house cleaning and openness towards robotics has spurred ECOVACS ROBOTICS to accelerate its push into the Australian market and expedite the launch of several new home cleaning solutions that form part of its new 2018 range.
“We have a vision of a robot helping every Australian family, freeing up time from cumbersome chores such as window and floor cleaning that will enable people to do more of what they love. With 500 world-class R&D employees, a strong and ongoing commitment to R&D and a presence in over 40 markets, it’s fantastic that we are now able to introduce ECOVACS ROBOTICS into Australia and we are very hopeful that Australians will embrace the innovation that we are introducing,“ said Damian Commane, Country Manager ANZ for ECOVACS ROBOTICS.
Such technologies include the new DEEBOT OZMO 930, a vacuum and mop combo that cleans both hard floors and carpets and can be controlled anywhere in the world with the smart ECOVACS App. Creating a map of your home, virtual boundaries can also be set through the app, giving you total control of the clean, while you can monitor and instruct the DEEBOT OZMO 930 no matter where you are.
Such innovative cleaning solutions are not confined to the floor, with windows getting the ECOVACS treatment with a first-of-its kind cordless robotic window cleaner, the WINBOT X. Introduced for the first time at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in January 2018, Australia will be one of the first countries to launch the WINBOT X, with new technology that ensure it moves freely along the window as it cleans, determining the best cleaning path to ensure the entire window is covered.
“The end goal however is simple – to save a significant amount time spent on household chores and help deliver time back to busy Aussie families. In the end, all of the research and effort put into creating the advanced features you will find in an ECOVACS ROBOTICS solution are ultimately designed to give people time back to do the things they love with the people they love,“ said Commane.
Key products included in the Australian ECOVACS ROBOTICS range:
DEEBOT OZMO 930 – RRP $1,299
The innovative DEEBOT OZMO 930 tackles both the vacuuming and mopping of floors in one with its patented OZMO technology. It’s the bot that can mop and the app that can map:
- New Technologies For Your Home Cleaning – Looking to make household chores easier for the Australian home, the ECOVACS ROBOTICS App gives you total control from your pocket. Effortlessly schedule a clean, set the cleaning mode, and monitor the cleaning status from anywhere in the world. Adding another level of convenience, the DEEBOT OZMO 930 is Google Home ready, soon to make clean ups become a simple demand.
- A Bot That Can Mop – The DEEBOT OZMO 930 is designed with a 250-ml water tank, which allows the robotic vacuum to transform into a mop by attaching its cleaning cloth to the robot. Decide on the degree of mopping required by using the ECOVACS App, and with Carpet Detection Technology you won’t need to worry about the rugs getting wet. This bot knows when to mop, and when to stop.
- An App That Can Map – During its setup process, the DEEBOT OZMO 930 safely scans, maps, and plans an efficient cleaning path across an entire home. Using the ECOVACS App, users can also apply virtual boundaries for the DEEBOT OZMO 930 to avoid. If that’s not enough, built-in anti-drop sensors and Obstacle Detection Technology means the DEEBOT OZMO 930 can freely clean around stairs and furniture without the risk of falling or being damaged.
DEEBOT OZMO 610 – RRP $899
Joining the OZMO family is the DEEBOT OZMO 610, equipped for both mopping and sweeping.
- App Enabled – Giving you more control over your clean, the ECOVACS ROBOTICS App will allow you to schedule and monitor a clean from anywhere in the world. Enabled with Amazon Alexa, the DEEBOT OZMO ensures an effective cleaning path is mapped and cleaned to your liking.
- A Clean To Your Liking – A Smart Cleaning path optimized for bare floors allows the DEEBOT OZMO 610 to follow an effective cleaning route around your home. Ensuring a multi-room vacuum and mop, the DEEBOT OZMO 610 can deal with dirt or dried liquid.
- Capable of Life’s Messes – Hair, dirt, and debris are no challenge for the DEEBOT OZMO 610. With selective cleaning modes for various messes, the DEEBOT OZMO 610 uses the right tool for the job every time; Auto Mode for general daily cleaning, Spot Cleaning for spot intensive cleans, Edge Mode for cleaning specific edges, and Max vacuum for stubborn floor messes.
DEEBOT R98 – RRP $1,399
The DEEBOT R98 features both a revolutionary robotic vacuum and a cordless hand-held vacuum to cover the highs and lows of the home.
A Revolutionary 2-in-1 Vacuum Cleaner – The 2-in-1 robotic vacuum cleaner cuts cleaning time in half for you to enjoy time doing the things you love. With less effort involved in cleaning, the multi-functional cleaning robot goes through a five-stage cleaning system for an effortless clean; sweep, lift, vacuum, mop and dry in a single pass.
Hand-held Cordless Vacuum for Added Convenience – Attached to the robotic charging station is the hand-held vacuum cleaner and an array of attachments for an integral home clean. Effortlessly reach the corners of doors and high ceilings for a thorough clean, whilst the R98 does the ground work.
More cleaning, less emptying – The R98 features a self-emptying dustbin meaning longer cleans, and less time emptying the dustbin. The R98 robot will empty its own dustbin waste into the hand-held units dustbin, so you don’t have to stop what you’re doing to help clean!
Smarter cleaning – Have control over your cleans anywhere at any time with the ECOVACS App, allowing you to schedule and monitor your home cleaning status.
WINBOT X – RRP $TBC
Showcased at CES 2018, and a CES Innovation Award Honouree for 2018, the WINBOT X is a first-of-its-kind cordless robotic window cleaner. Used indoors and outdoors, the WINBOT X is the next evolution of window cleaning technology.
- Cordless Window Cleaning – Powered by its internal battery, the robotic window cleaner adapts to your window, moving intelligently and safely during its clean. Able to move freely along windows as it cleans without needing to be redeployed, the robotic cleaner navigates across glass using a safe tether system. The WINBOT X will stay safe if it detaches, with a warning signal sounded to start retracting if a problem occurs.
- No More Squeegees – The WINBOT X features a 4-stage cleaning process, starting with an automatic cleaning mode focusing on the space beneath the robot, while Deep Clean mode ensures the surface is revisited a second time as part of the process. Advanced fan technology and edge detection technology ensures the space is fully cleaned, while the WINBOT X will also finish where it starts.
- Smart Cleaning Path – The WINBOT X creates the best cleaning path across glass, intelligently navigating its way during a clean and avoid getting trapped.
For more information about ECOVACS ROBOTICS, please visit
by Arrnott Olssen
Editor Rogue Homme