HP Inc. have unveiled its next generation Spectre x360 13. Premium craftmanship, breakthrough performance and mobility, and strengthened security push the boundaries for today’s confident tech users who require an extraordinary device experience.
“Premium consumers desire beautiful, highly mobile devices that adapt to their on-the-go lifestyle,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, Consumer PCs, HP Inc. “The HP Spectre x360 13 combines the cultivation of innovative design and mobility, along with thoughtful security and performance capabilities that allows customers to pursue their passions without constraint.”
Consumers increasingly want a single device for their work and personal tasks, with premium laptop buyers spending nearly half of their PC time outside of the home6. Additionally, nearly six in 10 consumers are concerned their privacy could be compromised on their PC5. With these insights in mind, the Spectre x360 13 features a head-turning sophisticated design, mobility and security for peace of mind anywhere and anytime, and exceptional performance needed to create and consume content.
Beautiful and purposeful:
• Impressive reduction of 13% in size from last year’s model, with an industry-leading 90% screen-to-body ratio at every angle7 and a 1.3kg chassis – all while increasing power.
• Optional 400-nit display, HP’s first 4K OLED 13-inch diagonal display with True Black HDR for a 100,000:1 high contrast ratio8 for perfect blacks, anti-reflection display for outdoor viewing, and factory colour calibration with Delta E <2 for a 30% wider colour range9 for amazing viewing experiences.
• Beautiful gem cut and dual chamfer angular design achieved with high-precision aluminum CNC.
• Integrated functionality with USB-C™ port placement angled in the right corner for improved cord management and the power button on the left corner of the device to avoid accidental power shut-offs.
• Natural Silver is the newest colour option in addition to Nightfall Black with Copper Luxe accents and Poseidon Blue with Pale Brass accents.
Powerful and connected:
• Verified to the target specification and key experiences of Intel’s “Project Athena” innovation program.
• Two times the performance of the previous generation2, enabled by HP’s first convertible featuring a quad-core 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processor with Iris® Plus Graphics.
• Offers up to 22 hours of battery life3 – enough power to take users through their day.
• Standard Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) and optional 4×4 Gigabit LTE concurrent networks for 122% faster speeds compared to a Cat9 2×2 configuration, allowing for up to two times the throughput versus the previous generation10 and up to three times faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 511.
• Optimise system performance with HP Command Center; prioritise tasks and apps to optimise packet handling and improve throughput and latency with the new HP Network booster; and, choose from different colour space presets for accurate colour viewing while shopping, editing photos, or watching a movie with the new HP Display Control.
Secure and smart:
• With six in 10 consumers physically covering their laptop’s webcam to feel more secure or prevent it from being compromised15, the HP Webcam Kill Switch keeps users safe from webcam hacking with a physical on/off switch to electrically turn off the webcam when not in use.
• New dedicated mute mic with LED key to switch the microphone on and off.
• Easily log into the device using Windows Hello with standard features like HP’s smallest IR camera at 2.2 mm and a fingerprint reader, conveniently located on the keyboard deck.
• Help protect online activity when connecting to unsecure or untrusted Wi-Fi networks with ExpressVPN12, and manage passwords using one solution with LastPass13.
Pricing and availability14:
• The HP Spectre x360 13 is expected to be available in late October via HP.com and major retailers Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi, and The Good Guys, with a starting price of AU$1,999.
• The HP Spectre x360 13 in Nightfall Black with i7 Intel Core, 16 GB of RAM, a 4K OLED display, and 512 GB SSD with 32 GB Optane is available via HP.com, Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi, and The Good Guys.
Words Arrnott Olssen