Denon, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-quality home entertainment products, today announced their first stand-alone USB-DAC / Headphone AMP that dramatically improves digital audio quality to recreate a pure audio experience with quality headphones.
The new DA-300USB boasts the same Advanced AL32 Processing and high precision 192 kHz / 32 bit digital to analogue conversion technologies used to deliver the astounding sound quality of Denon’s top of the range CD / Super Audio CD players.
Simply connecting the minimalist styled DAC via USB provides incredible quality audio – with headphones, or powered speakers – for computer stored music files or streaming audio over the internet. Alternatively, the DA-300USB is a major Hi-Fi upgrade; enabling audiophile playback of computer music libraries and streaming audio (from any PC or Mac) via your Hi-Fi.
At the same time, it dramatically improves the sound quality of other digital audio devices, like media players, CD and DVD players, televisions, set top boxes, Apple TV, and games consoles, by connecting via the additional coaxial and optical digital inputs.
• High definition DAC with 1 x USB-B, 1 x coaxial and 2 x optical digital inputs
• High quality audio components for rich, open, detailed sound
• Denon Advanced AL32 Processing and High-Precision 192 kHz / 32 bit digital to analogue conversion for exceptional high definition audio quality
• DAC master clock design for distortion free, fully transparent sound stage
• Noise isolating circuit design prevents distortion via USB connection from computer generated digital noise; ensures fully transparent and spatially accurate sound stage
• Universal bit-transparent, asynchronous playback of digital audio file formats and streaming audio from PCs via USB-B; up to 192 kHz / 24 bit and DSD2.8 and DSD5.6 native support by DoP (DSD Audio over PCM frames)
• 3 x SPDIF (coaxial x 1/optical x 2) inputs for upgrading sound from other digital audio devices (up to 192 kHz / 24 bit) with the DA-300USB’s advanced high definition signal processing
• High quality analogue signal (line level) output and headphone amplifier stage, for connection to hi-fi amplifier or desktop speaker system and superb listening with all kinds of headphones or in ears
• Simple plug-and-play operation for connection to PCs and other devices with digital audio outputs
Pricing and availability:
Product Name: Denon DA-300USB Compact USB-DAC / Headphone AMP
Australian Distributor: QualiFi Pty. Ltd.
RRP: AUD $ 799
Availability: June 2014