If Milan’s passion, style and sophistication could be encapsulated in a drink, that drink would be Campari. The recipe for the world famous, completely unique, red Italian aperitivo has remained unchanged since it was created in 1860. While Milan is not the birthplace of aperitivo, it is certainly where the tradition is strongest. From 20 July – 20 August 2017, Campari will be bringing a touch of iconic Milanese style, sophistication and flair to The Streets of Barangaroo.
All throughout The Streets of Barangaroo, Campari will be collaborating with venues, bars and retailers to deliver an immersive brand experience that is the very first of its kind. Starting on the waterfront on Barangaroo, the Wulugul Walk will be illuminated red on Thursday and Friday evenings as soon as aperitivo hour kicks off. Follow the red lights to Barangaroo Avenue, where a Milanese-inspired Campari art installation is set to become the most ‘Instagrammable’ icon in Sydney during the months of July and August.
Join Campari for aperitivo hour at flagship venue Bel & Brio where the iconic bar and dining emporium will be transformed into a lush, red Campari Tonic lounge. Expect to be greeted with a taste of Milan as you arrive where a red illuminated neon sign that reads Meet Me In Milan will take pride of place on the bar. Inside, walls will be illuminated red and embellished with iconic Campari artworks while luxe red velvet seating and designer lighting will complete the Campari experience. Keep an eye out for the Italian Campari Dream Team; the team of Campari bartenders and mixologists will be on rotation at Bel & Brio throughout the month sampling the Campari Tonic and serving Campari cocktails that cater for all taste preferences.
Campari will also infuse a taste of Milan in UNTIED Sydney, Shirt Bar, The Barber Shop and Banksii on The Streets of Barangaroo for the month-long activation.
Can’t make it to The Streets of Barangaroo? Campari will also be creating Campari Tonic lounges and brand immersive experiences with special visits from the Dream Team at Olio in Chippendale, Prosecco in Pyrmont and at QT Sydney in the CBD.
Stepping away from the bar, Campari is aligning with a series of iconic and premium retailers who share the values of classic style and sophistication on and around The Streets of Barangaroo, hosting a gilded-gold bar cart in-store serving up the perfect Campari Tonic with compliments of the brand. Visit any of these partnering retailers during activation to experience a true touch of Milanese style in every day culture, compliments of Campari:
- Blown Lux – complimentary Campari Tonic served from a brushed gold bar cart with all blow-dries and styling sessions in the uber-luxe bar come salon environment of Blown Lux
- The Standard Store – complimentary Campari Tonic in-store with complimentary styling sessions and trend forecasting sessions hosted by The Standard Store
- The Collector Store – complimentary Campari Tonic and home and wardrobe styling sessions hosted by The Collector Store
- The Waiting Room – complimentary Campari Tonic and styling sessions hosted by The Waiting Room
- Belancé – complimentary Campari Tonic while you enjoy an exclusive suit fitting with Belancé
- David Jones Barangaroo – enjoy a complimentary Campari Tonic, canapés and music while you shop for the latest in fashion, accessories and beauty
- Oscar Wylee – complimentary Campari Tonic and VIP cocktail masterclass in-store at Oscar Wylee in Sydney CBD
- T.M. Lewin – complimentary Campari Tonic in-store at T.M. Lewin while you have your suit or shirt fitted by the T.M. Lewin team in Sydney CBD
The Daily Edited – enjoy a complimentary Campari Tonic, canapés and music while you have your favourite leather accessories monogrammed at the exclusive concession counter at David Jones Market Street
To round out the month celebrating Milan and the drink of the moment, the Campari Tonic, the following retailers will create exclusive, limited edition products which will be available in stores throughout the campaign for a limited time only:
- OH!Boo Chocolate – A limited edition glossy red Campari Chocolate Praline that will be sold for the entire month
- Rivareno Gelato – Limited edition Campari Gelato available for the activation period
Oscar Wylee – Limited edition sunglasses with an exclusive Campari red lens
@Campariau #MeetMeInMilan #CampariTonic
by Arrnott Olssen
Editor Rogue Homme