I recently had the pleasure of attending the launch of the FIAT 500X the Uber Cool new offering from Italian car company FIAT, and you could say it was love at first site so if anyone wants to get me a present that will make me the happiest Editor in 2016 then I’ll take a FIAT 500X thanks.
Speaking aesthetically the FIAT 500X is a good looking car with a big personality and distinctively Italian design, the new car is characterised by the flexibility, luxury and quality. A cross over SUV it has ample interior space and just to amp the Style factor up it comes with a choice of premium materials and fabrics, as well as the most sophisticated safety technology.
- Equipped with powerful-but-efficient petrol engines, three transmission options – manual, dual-clutch automatic or nine-speed ZF automatic – and with front-wheel or all-wheel-drive configurations
- Combined outputs make the 500X among the most powerful vehicles in its class: 103kW/230Nm or 125kW/250Nm
- Available in four well-equipped trim levels: Pop, Pop Star, Lounge and Cross Plus
- Easily personalised design: Pop, Pop Star and Lounge designed to feel urban, while Cross Plus alters appearance for more adventurous look
- ‘Beats by Dre’ audio system standard on Lounge and Cross Plus
- The new Fiat 500X is available in more than 100 countries worldwide
The FIAT 500X is the perfect car for the adventurous person, designed at Centro Stile in Turin, Italy, designers leveraged the character and iconic features of the Fiat 500 into a larger and more mature package. On the exterior, design elements like double headlamps, a trapezoidal nose, the signature “whiskers and logo” face and the rounded clamshell hood pay homage to the original Cinquecento. The purposeful and distinct Italian design carries through to the interior with clever storage, body-colour instrument panel, a circular cluster display and iconic door handles.
Do yourself a favour and head in to your nearest dealer and take it for a test driver you won’t be disappointed, for more info and details go to >
The launch was a beautiful event which after the introduction we got to take the FIAT 500X for a drive to Palm Beach, where we renowned Italian Chef Stefano Manfredi had designed a lavish Italian lunch that succinctly matched the style, robustness, and beauty of the FIAT 500X.
by Arrnott Olssen
Editor Rogue Homme