Toyota has unveiled a dashing newly improved LandCruiser Prado that expands advanced safety features to all grades for local customers. Introduced at the Frankfurt motor show and due in Australia in November, the updated Prado is distinguished by more modern and robust exterior styling and a higher quality interior design.
1. Prado’s advanced safety features are now available on automatic variants of the car across the range. This includes features like Pre-Collision Safety system (autonomous braking) with pedestrian detection.
2. Every Prado now has Lane Departure Alert, which gives an audible and visual warning if the vehicle starts to deviate from its lane without the indicators being turned on.
3. Another great feature is automatic high beam – a system that works by detecting the headlights and taillights of cars in front of you to switch between high and low beam. Very handy for long drives!
4. The two top grades (VX and Kakadu) have Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. Blind Spot Monitor helps the driver by illuminating a logo on the side mirrors when there is a car next to you. Rear Cross Traffic Alert is handy when you’re in a carpark – the car alerts you when there is someone driving near the car when you’re reversing.
5. Prado is Australia’s best-selling large SUV in 2017.
Further details, including other new premium features and pricing, will be announced closer to the vehicle’s arrival in local dealerships.
by Arrnott Olssen
Editor Rogue Homme