Finding the right suit or jacket for an upcoming event can be rather daunting, even more so if your budget doesn’t stretch very far. That’s where Mr. Fierze comes in to play, offering a variety of high end label suits and jackets for hire, you can look your best without breaking the bank. We had a chat to Mr. Fierze founder Joel Anthony to find out what inspired it, and what plans are for the future.
1. What inspired Mr Fierze?
Having been in the marketing and fashion circuit for a few years now, I personally found it such a struggle and a pressure on the wallet to keep up with having to buy something new every single time. Not to mention if you wanted to wear something stand out, you run the risk of never being able to wear it again as well as being photographed and social media’d to the point where wearing it again seems like a fashion crime.
Putting all these points together, and also wondering if whether other men was feeling the same, I came together with my best friend & business partner, Noal and decided to purchase 20 suits and start small to see if there was a market. Little did I know now that other men were in the same boat, and fast forward 6 months later and we are up to 80 suits and have now introduced ties, bow-ties, pocket squares and have also ventured into SELLING shirts and suits too.
2. How has your experience working in the hair industry helped with Mr Fierze ?
Being Head of Marketing for TONI&GUY, I attend many events and I also work with many influencers and business partners who all attend events. Using them as my test market has been really good for the business.
3. Who is Mr Fierze for and or who is your ideal customer?
When I first started Mr. Fierze I thought I was only going to be speaking to a certain type of gent – the style conscious working millenial man who knows labels and wants to stand out.
Little did I know that I would also be catering for;
– grooms and groomsmen parties
– school formals & university balls
– corporate awards nights
– the business traveller who has come in without a suit and needs a suit for an important meeting
– the man who’s put on a bit of weight and can’t seem to fit into the suit sitting in their closet
– the media personality who wants to stand out on the red carpet with a statement jacket or suit
– the high flyer needing something delivered to their hotel last minute
– men attending the races and take their dress sense seriously
- men attending themed dress up parties
The demographic we speak to is now VERY broad!
4. Where do you see Mr Fierze in the next 2 years?
When Noal and I came up with the idea, we always had a very clear vision in our head of what we want Mr. Fierze to be in the future – a one-stop shop for men. Whereby it’s a gentleman’s lounge to come in get a scotch or a drink, get a haircut and a shave, a facial, and get fitted in a suit and leave ready to go for your event. Eventually we want to be doing tailor made suits, and also be offering clients a line of our own Mr. Fierze statement jackets as well as a full range of Mr. Fierze labelled accessories from lapel pins all the way to leather goods.
5. Who or What Inspires you?
I think that’s a very broad question as anything and everything can inspire us in one way or another. We draw a lot of inspiration from the European market and what we see on the catwalks of Milan Fashion Week and Paris Fashion Week. And then we might be inspired by influencers and what they’re wearing and what’s trending – and that’s how we select out designer pieces. We are also highly inspired by successful entrepreneurs because at the end of it, this is a business and we want it to flourish and be sustainable!